question

w8dev avatar image
w8dev asked

BlueSolar 150/35 multiple VE Direct connections

Is it possible to have multiple VE Direct connections on the BlueSolar MPPT?

I have a SmartSolar 150/35 as well and was noticing that the BlueSolar was going into Absorption long before the SmartSolar was and realized the voltage wasn't correct on the BlueSolar.

On the BlueSolar, I'm currently using the VE Direct port to go to my raspberry pi so I can monitor via the VRM, but I noticed that because there's no bluetooth, the BlueSolar cannot get voltage information from the SmartShunt. So I was hoping I could add a SmartDongle as well to create the bluetooth connection for voltage sharing.

Thanks

MPPT ControllersSmartShuntBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

w8dev avatar image
w8dev answered ·

Thanks. So if I'm reading this correctly, I could just use the SVS, SCS and STS from DVCC and it should sync up the information between the SmartSolar and the BlueSolar.

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Yas, both mppt will use the smart shunt data, and should switch states at the same time.
0 Likes 0 ·