question

philipa avatar image
philipa asked

Cerbo GX gui sigsegv ... software or hardware?

My Cerbo GX suffers gui restarts several times a day. I've opened https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/928

I'd be grateful for thoughts as to whether this is likely to be a hardware/system issue, or software (perhaps related to 2.84?), as well as suggestions for futher diagnosis.

Thanks!

cerbo gxVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

there is a option in the cerbo under settings then VRM online portal that reboots the cerbo if internet is lost for a set period. check to see if this has been turned on and if so then make your own mind up as to what to to from there. (I have set my unit to reboot if the internet is lost for more than 3hrs but the setting can be set to a low as 1min) or just turn it off

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philipa avatar image philipa commented ·
Thanks Paul. I don't have that option checked. Also, the symptom is a GUI restart, not a reboot.

I've provided logs in the GH issue - there's an unhandled segment violation which is clearly a bug of some kind. I'm hoping this will be picked up by Victron engineering.

0 Likes 0 ·