question

sparkysmarine avatar image
sparkysmarine asked

System requires ‘redetect’ after shutdown

Hi Guys, I am hoping someone out there might have some insight on a current Off-Grid system we have installed at a remote location. Here is the system:

4ea 10KVA Quattros (120/240v), 10ea 24V 200amp Victron LFP, VE.Bus BMS, 1000amp Smart 712-BMV, CCGX, 3ea 150/85 MPPTs, 24KW Generator (remote on/off set at 25% SOC)

This system has been upgraded on numerous occasions, and this issue is constant. Note: All software/firmware is up to date.

It seems whenever the batteries discharge to 0% in the event our generator runs out of gas or lack of PV output, the system shuts down. Obviously I expect the system to shut down. However, when mains are present (from genset) the system does not come back online, even after a few hours or days.

When the system is down and PV charges the batteries the CCGX comes online but does not wake up the Quattros. A simple ‘redetect’ on the CCGX sees Quattros and the system as whole comes back online.

Why does the system not come online when mains from the generator are present?

**my theory is the VE.Bus BMS is causing the Quattros to maintain in the ‘off’ state. I notice on other installs when we use the Lynx BMS we do not have this issue. My assumption is because the CCGX is recieving battery data Ve.Can and not Ve.Bus.

Thanks for your help!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What are the low voltage shutdown settings for the Quattros?

You should set that a bit higher then the BMS low voltage cut-off to let some energy in the battery so the CCGX can still work for a while.

Do you have installed the AC mains detector?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sparkysmarine avatar image sparkysmarine commented ·

Yes AC mains detector is installed. I have not made adjustments to the low voltage shutdown settings, must be set at default. What set point would you recommend in this 48V system?

The VE.Bus BMS has an input voltage range of 9-70V. Is there a shutoff voltage I am not aware of?

0 Likes 0 ·
sparkysmarine avatar image
sparkysmarine answered ·

Yes AC mains detector is installed. I have not made adjustments to the low voltage shutdown settings, must be set at default. What set point would you recommend in this 48V system?

The VE.Bus BMS has an input voltage range of 9-70V. Is there a shutoff voltage I am not aware of?

2 |3000