question

hummingbear avatar image
hummingbear asked

Multiplus AC Out is over voltage > 320VAC

I'm in the US. I have a Multiplus 230V that is connected to a Victron Autotransformer. The Autotransformer splits the 230/240V into two 120V legs which go to my breakers.

Currently at the AC1 Out terminals of my Multiplus it's measuring ~320VAC. The autotransformer is then pushing ~150VAC to my breakers/outlets.

What could be causing this? Could it be some issue with neutral bonding down the line? I have the multiplus ground relay disabled and the Earth/Ground relay wire connected from my Multiplus to Autotransformer.

Would really appreciate any help!

pxl-20220408-183259445night.jpg

Autotransformer
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@hummingbear

Try another meter. Some meters are the wrong type.

0 Likes 0 ·
hummingbear avatar image hummingbear Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Just came here to post that this is exactly correct. I then tested my 24V battery system which was reading 40V. I was perplexed and extremely worried. Grabbed my other multimeter and everything is in nomial range. My god what a waste of time...thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
hummingbear avatar image
hummingbear answered ·

Well if you want to have a good laugh, it turns out my Multimeter was faulty. When things don't make sense...go question the source. Glad I had two with me. Moving on...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.