question

markjeff avatar image
markjeff asked

Superpack lithium suddenly stopped working

I have a 4x100 ah SuperPack Lithium bank on my boat that suddenly stopped working. They refuse to take a charge. The Cerbo shows them at 45% shortly before they turned off, there were no big loads at the time they were running other than the wind generator

I have pulled one of my starter battery’s to confirm the 12v system is still functional. I unfortunately don’t have a multimeter on board… oops.

When I run the engine the system doesn’t seem to charge…. I’m at a loss.

Any help is appreciated.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@markjeff@gmail.com

The batteries have an internal switch that will disconnect the battery from your system in the event of over discharge, over charge, low or high temperature.

Ensure that none of the events are currently in place. You would need a multi meter to measure for over discharge and over charge. You can try to disconnect all 4 batteries and then reconnect only one battery at a time and see if they will take charge.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markjeff avatar image
markjeff answered ·

I’ve tried this so far no luck. Really kicking myself about leaving the multi meter at the marina

1 comment
2 |3000

Without a wiring diagram and further infos about your system it seems to be almost impossible to further assist in tracking down the problem.
0 Likes 0 ·
markjeff avatar image
markjeff answered ·

It looks like the cerbo flagged a low battery alarm right before the shut down my solar is running now but I’m not sure if the battery is accepting a charge yet. I’m just waiting for things to open up around here so I can buy a multimeter

2 |3000

markjeff avatar image
markjeff answered ·

My system is basically back up 3 of the 4 batteries we’re under 12 volts but one was fully charged….

What would cause this ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Difficult to say. I think all 4 must have been low, only that one of them came back out of the low voltage threshold than the other 3.

As said earlier:

Without a wiring diagram and further infos about your system it seems to be almost impossible to further assist in tracking down the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources