question

michael-in-ny avatar image
michael-in-ny asked

Cerbo GX autostart for Northern Lights 6kw M673L3G

Hello -

Working on a new-build project with a Victron Quattro and Cerbo GX, supported by a Northern Lights 240v 6kw generator with NL's "TSC" panel.

The Cerbo is wired to the generator as shown in the schematics, and the Cerbo shows the generator start/stop function, but we have note been able to start the genset via the Cerbo - either in "auto" mode (i.e. when voltage gets low) or just manually. The generator starts fine off the NL TSC panel or the panel at the unit itself.

I haven't been able to find anything from Victron or the support community addressing this, so I'm hoping someone here has some insight.

Much appreciated.

cerbo gxgen start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Disconnect the Cerbo's relay output from the generator control system and check with a beeper/ohm meter to make sure it's closing when Cerbo thinks the generator is running.

Test to see if shorting the TSC's remote run/stop input starts the generator and stops the generator when it is opened.

If the TSC requires separate start and stop momentary inputs, you will need to create these pulses from the run/stop relay. "One-shot" relays are the simplest way to set this up.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cjbnomad8654 avatar image
cjbnomad8654 answered ·

Did you suceed?

2 |3000

Related Resources