question

repro avatar image
repro asked

Some VRM Dashboard Data missing

Up to two days ago, VRM was working great.Now when I load VRM per the iPhone App, or even on my PC or Mac with a browser, certain data just does not display. For example when loading, the SCC is just missing and the AC Load is gone as well. I refresh the browser with no success. I then go to the devices and they all have communicated within 15 minutes or less. I then click on Firmware Update to force a device check. Once the Firmware confirms everything is up to date, I go back to the dashboard and everything is there again. Go back into VRM later in the day and one or more of the displayed data is missing again.

Now for the strange part. I have two separate off grid configured solar power systems each with a Cerbo GX. The data on my GX Touch 70 display is always there and displayed correctly. Now when this issue pops up, I go to my GX Touch display to see if there are any issues as well. Everything displays correctly. Both Cerbo GX's are connected per Ethernet with a solid internet connection.

I have shut down my systems completely to include cutting battery power, grid, solar and inverter. After all devices shut down, I restart and sure enough, go back to the VRM dashboard and stuff is missing. The only thing that has never disappeared is the batteries.

I have tried several browsers, trashed the caches completely, erased the iPhone VRM App and reinstalled, but is still comes back. Oh, and one more thing, VRM shows the last updated and shortly after goes "Realtime", so there is no long lapse in a device communicating. I have scoured the internet and this forum and found nothing exactly like this. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Repro @SailorM

Yesterday morning there was a VRM update that should have fixed an issue with stale data on VRM in the installation overview and dashboard.

However, it looks like something else has also changed affecting systems with a longer log interval (set on your GX devices) that do not display AC input, AC loads and critical load until the next log update occurs. It has been reported to the VRM development team who will take care of it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

repro avatar image repro commented ·
Great! Thanks for chiming in. I feel relieved that it is possibly a VRM issue and hopefully nothing wrong with my equipment.
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ repro commented ·

A fix for this is live now, which should solve this issue for you guys.

0 Likes 0 ·
repro avatar image repro Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks Stephanie! All data displaying correctly.
0 Likes 0 ·
sailorm avatar image
sailorm answered ·

Same here.

1 comment
2 |3000

repro avatar image repro commented ·

This must be an issue with VRM, and not local to me.

0 Likes 0 ·