question

scronje avatar image
scronje asked

VRM portal not showing Grid or AC load

Since yesterday my VRM portal randomly stops showing Grid and AC load readings and then eventually it shows again. Everything seems to be working fine and the remote console still shows the data. Not sure if this is related to VRM?

54dd2679-25fb-441e-bf52-a787261e6256.jpeg

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
pkorkas avatar image
pkorkas answered ·

I have the same problem. Randomly stops showing Grid, AC load, critical loads and PV inverter power readings. I have 5 installations. The problem is on one which there is an Energy Meter ET340 as grid meter. Remote console is still showing data. Any idea what the problem is?1648309246028.png

1648309246028.png (273.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mryoshii avatar image mryoshii commented ·

I have the same problem with an em24. Probably a VRM bug.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@scronje @pkorkas @MrYoshii

Yesterday morning there was a VRM update that should have fixed an issue with stale data on VRM in the installation overview and dashboard.

However, it looks like something else has also changed affecting systems with a longer log interval (set on your GX devices) that do not display AC input, AC loads and critical load until the next log update occurs. It has been reported to the VRM development team who will take care of it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

8 comments
2 |3000

mryoshii avatar image mryoshii commented ·

I have 1 minute and still have this problem.
Can this be set even lower?

1648331050753.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1648331050753.png (31.5 KiB)
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ mryoshii commented ·
No, 1 minute is the lowest you can go. Except for realtime mode, which you set in VRM.
0 Likes 0 ·
mryoshii avatar image mryoshii Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
ok yes it also happens in Realtime mode
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ mryoshii commented ·
Thanks, good to know.
0 Likes 0 ·
A fix for this is live now, which should solve this issue for you guys.
0 Likes 0 ·
pkorkas avatar image pkorkas Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

It's ok now, thanks Stefanie!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
markovandorssen avatar image markovandorssen Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
What is the fix?

Saying there is one and not saying what is not productive.

0 Likes 0 ·
scronje avatar image scronje commented ·
I have see some VRM refreshes come through on the mobile app and haven’t seen it happen since. Will still monitor it today.
0 Likes 0 ·
Drew Strobel avatar image
Drew Strobel answered ·

This exact issue is occuring to me on a new installation. It worked at first and then stopped showing after about 30 minutes.

Did the bug reappear?

2 |3000

ts90 avatar image
ts90 answered ·

@Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) Hi Stefanie,

I have a similar problem and just can't find a solution - not even in the community.

I have the latest firmware version "v3.13" on the Cerbo GX and work with an EM540.

The value is displayed correctly in the remote console but not in the VRM portal - see pictures.

(The Fronius Symo inveter, the Multiplus 2 and battery will be installed the next days - But shouldn´t make any difference!?)

vrm-portal.png remote.png

Is there a solution here? Or a recommended setting?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

BR,

Timo

vrm-portal.png (210.0 KiB)
remote.png (180.1 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @TS90,

My first guess would be that the AC input type is not configured in the system setup menu of the GX device settings

0 Likes 0 ·
img-2684.png (335.4 KiB)
ts90 avatar image ts90 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , Thanks a lot for your quick response. Unfortunately the settings are already set - see picture. bildschirmfoto-2023-12-19-um-105600.png

I already see a lot of questions and comments into the community regarding the same problem but no "official" solution - Is there a bug?

Or could it help when I delete my complete installation on VRM portal and install it again - make that any sense from your point of view?

Thanks again for your support.

BR

0 Likes 0 ·
No, I would not recommend deleting your installation on VRM and expect that will have no effect.

Something isn’t lining up correctly, and that isn’t going to fix it.

0 Likes 0 ·
ts90 avatar image ts90 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Thanks for your response - Any other ideas as to what the problem could be?

I found a lot of post where the same problem is described but no real solution.

Thanks again for your support

BR,

Timo

0 Likes 0 ·