question

cpt-pat avatar image
cpt-pat asked

Switched VRM temperature units from Celsius to Fahrenheit and... all communications lost

I saw the "preferences" tab appear out of nowhere, and decided to explore the settings. "Temperature in Fahrenheit, that looks interesting. If I choose that, will the resolution be better than whole degrees in Celsius (1.8 degrees Fahrenheit)? Nope. OK. I'll switch it back in the morning..."

The following morning, all communications had failed!

I'm monitoring my boat that is 7,000 miles away. I mean, you do remote monitoring because it's, well... remote. Maybe I'll get my hands on systems there in a few months. Meanwhile, no more Cerbo info on VRM! Bummer.

Anybody know how to do a remote reset?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Cpt Pat

It could also be pure coincidence. There are thousands of other systems out there which are set to Fahrenheit and so far I haven't seen anything like what you experienced.

Regarding the remote reset: do you still have access to the system, maybe even to the remote console or ssh root access?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cpt-pat avatar image
cpt-pat answered ·

Hi Stefanie. Thanks for your answer.

I now believe it was a coincidence. The Cerbo lost ethernet connectivity a few weeks ago due to a momentary power outage that interrupted the ethernet router. It successfully switched to wifi, but when the router power was restored, it continued to use wifi and didn't switch back to ethernet.

Later, the wifi router failed, and now I have no connectivity.

1 comment
2 |3000

If you are not connected at all, there is no way to remotely reset/reboot your GX device.

Maybe you can get someone on site to restart everything by powering everything down and then powering it back on? This should also reboot the GX device and router.

0 Likes 0 ·