question

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 asked

Temporary battery suggestions

Hi I'm designing a solar setup using 5kw of solar and a multiplus ii.

I have the multiplus, charge controler and panels etc coming next week. However battery is on order and will be minium of 2months.

Is there a cheap temporary battery anyone suggests. 48v....

What's the minium requirement for multiplus to function. Could I get 4 tiny 12v batteries and use them in series temporarily?

And if so any suggestions or will I just have to be patient and sit with panels in the garage not generating?

Thanks Matt

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If you really want to use the system you need a battery that is not to small because it must be able to deliver short inrush currents.

So it depends on what you want to do with the setup.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lucien avatar image
lucien answered ·

I'm in the same situation, Victron equipment (MultiPlus II and SmartSolar MPPT) is delivered but the 48V 16s LiFePo4 battery is not ready yet. Is it possible to use a 55V power supply to mimic the battery for a few weeks?

2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

@Lucien i ended up just waiting so I didn't solve it sorry. Was a slow 2 weeks wait

1 comment
2 |3000

lucien avatar image lucien commented ·
@matt1309 Thanks for your response, Unfortunately, I'm still hoping for an answer that states from experience this is possible
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic