question

jstava avatar image
jstava asked

Connect bmv 602 to wifi

Hi I have bmv 602 that I want to connect to wifi. Is it possible? Or do I have to replace it with a bmv 712 and connect it to a venus or cerbo gx?

I am also thinking about to buy and connect solar panels with an MPPT regulator

BMV Battery Monitorwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Jstava

I think you mean Bluetooth? That's not possible with the old 602 because it is missing the VE.Direct port for a Bluetooth Dongle.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jstava avatar image jstava commented ·

I want to monitor the batteries and consumption in the boat over wifi not bluetooth. Is it possible?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jstava commented ·
No, that's no possible. And even with the BMV-712 it needs more effort to monitor the batteries and consumption over Wifi, which is to connect the BMV-712 to a GX device like Cerbo GX, then connect the Cerbo GX to your Wifi. The battery monitors don't support Wifi.
0 Likes 0 ·
jstava avatar image jstava Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Ahh that's what I thought thank you for your help

0 Likes 0 ·
bobke avatar image
bobke answered ·

My answer is not yet based on experience, but I want to install a smart shunt in series to the BMV602 shunt. I can still use the display feature of the BMV602 and will have the extra features of the Bluetooth connection. I think any deviation in measurements will be negligible.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic