question

michael20x5 avatar image

BMV 712 Consumed Ah blank after failed update

Somebody please help. I attempted an update and didn’t loose connection. Current version says 4.05 even though at failed but now the consumed ah says - -. The app suggested removing it from my device but I can’t see how and I don’t want to loose all of my data in there.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do you have a screenshot?
I guess the SOC also shows -- !?
Try to fully charge the battery and the SOC and consumed Ah should appear again.

1 comment
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Although it has returned, the BMV is not functioning correctly. Needing a Victron support. Think the device needs a reset or restore and then update. The ah are not representative of consumed or what’s been charged.

todd-dunn avatar image
todd-dunn answered ·

I had the same issue. Update failed at about 90%. After that the state of charge and consumed amp hours were both reading "--". I went into settings and manually reset the state of charge to 100% since my batteries were at float with no draw. That seems to have fixed the problem.

2 comments
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, thanks, I tried this but although consumed ah has returned, it’s still not right. Showing consumed 280A and batteries are going into float although. The BMV seems to be recording more ah than used and not reducing the same.

It has only been about an hour since I reset my BMV712. The system has mostly been getting enough solar to run my loads and keep the batteries at float. My well did cycle once and amp-hr consumed responded more or less correctly to the 1100 watt load. However, that load was very brief so it is difficult to get an accurate read from the system, particularly since the solar charge controller upped the panel output to compensate. I will leave the system on after the sun sets to see how well it does then.

michael20x5 avatar image
michael20x5 answered ·

Hi, before you posted the batteries were on charge and it just started working again, it reset to 0 but wasn’t far off. What you suggested did work.

2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.