question

luky avatar image
luky asked

Bluetooth not workling anymore on SmartSolar MPPT 75/10

After the winter break my SmartSolar MPPT 75/10 is not showing up anymore in the VictronConnect App. It seems to work (green or blue LED are on and the voltages are ok), but I'm not able to connect.
The Smart Battery Sense shows up correctly so there shouldn't be a problem with the phone or the App...
The manual is not helpfull in this case, so is there anything else I can try?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@luky

Sometimes a power cycle helps.

Disconnect pv. Disconnect battery.

Wait 3 minutes

Reconnect battery. Reconnect pv.

Otherwise check the troubleshooting section of the Victron Connect manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

luky avatar image
luky answered ·

The power cycling didn't help and the "troubleshooting" section is not helpful at all.
It is a "smart" Victron product. I checked that ;-). Ok, now it is a very "dumb" product...
It was working fine in 2021 and the connection to the Smart Battery Sense is still working. At least not every Victron device is failing :-D

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Question is, what has changed? Did you have firmware updates on your phone? Are you running the latest version of VictronConnect? Have you tried to forget the MPPT from the Bluetooth settings and start again? As a last resort it may be worth borrowing/investing in a VE.Direct to USB dongle to access the device and reset it. Do you have 'location' turned on?

0 Likes 0 ·