question

mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii asked

ESS Single Phase grid feed-in not working

Hello I have an EM24, Multiplus2, cerbogx and a mppt 150/70.

The MP2 is connected to L1.

If I now switch the ESS grid metering from inverter/charger to the EM24 and 1000 watts are consumed on L3, for example, it starts to feed into L1. But I do not want this. It should only feed into L1 if enough is being consumed here. Gridsetpoint is 100W and it makes no difference if I set Multiphase regulation to Total of all phases or Indivbidual Phase.

Grid feed-in is completely switched off.

EDIT:

I have checked in: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/multiphase-regulation---further-information.html that With the "Single Phase" option selected, the (single phase) ESS uses the battery to balance only L1 to 0W. L2 and L3 are visible on the CCGX but are not used by the ESS in any way.

This is exactly what I want. But it doesn't work like that...

Please help. Thanks
MrYoshii

ESSem24Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii answered ·

did i miss something or is this a bug?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii answered ·

is there no one who can explain this behaviour or help me?

5 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Hi. Complex issues are not easy to triage on the internet. As much as victron staff frequent this forum, it’s not an official support channel, that only happens via your distributor.

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not.

0 Likes 0 ·
mryoshii avatar image mryoshii nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

is there a way to report possible bugs?

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image David mryoshii commented ·

Have you changed the phase compensation setting?

0 Likes 0 ·
mryoshii avatar image mryoshii David commented ·

do you mean this setting?
I have tested both, but I still get a -500 or -1000 watt feed to L1 when 500 or 1000 watts are consumed on L3.

1647901278451.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1647901278451.png (17.5 KiB)
mryoshii avatar image mryoshii mryoshii commented ·

I don't know why but I have activated everything again and now it no longer feeds in when power is needed on l3 or l2.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic