question

jnunes avatar image
jnunes asked

Multiplus II GX assembly problem

Hi,

Recently I purchase a Multiplus II 5000/48-70 GX (MP) device from a distributer in Portugal. The unit is connected to a 16 pack EVE 280Ah LiFePo battery monitored by a Victron SmartShunt (SS). As I had a Victron USB to VE.Direct cable laying around I just connect the cable to the MP and the SS to monitor the battery state.

Last week I decided to buy a VE.Direct cable to connect the MP to the SS. As soon as I reached home to replace the USB to VE.Direct cable I noticed that the GX board inside the MP was not properly aligned at the factory (see the attached image) and I was unable to use the cable I just bought. The MP connector is squeezed and broken, so it is impossible to connect the VE.Direct cable. You can even see the PCB of the GX board! As anyone noticed similar production problems on the MPs with the GX option?

I contacted the distributer in Portugal and they told me to ship them the MP in order to send the unit to Victron for analysis. They also stated that they sell Victron devices for quite some time and have never heard of such a problem with Vicron hardware. As I don't plan to shutdown my system for a couple of weeks just for the Victron engineers to assess the problem, may I open the device and try to align the GX board without voiding the warranty?

/José Luís Nunes

multiplusiigx.jpg

Multiplus-IIgx device
multiplusiigx.jpg (1.4 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@jnunes

Sorry we took so long replying.

Victron support/warranty is administered through the dealer/distributor chain. This community is mostly volunteers not employees of Victron.

If you want to tackle this yourself, you can, but be very careful to take plenty of photographs of the unit, and in steps showing what you find. Be very careful not to do any further damage, mess up screw heads and so on. If you find something broken as an assembly issue, dealer/distributor.

It would be good if you post pictures of what you find, Victron do monitor the community and manufacturing problems need to be tackled.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.