question

Marcus avatar image
Marcus asked

Victron Multiplus + CerboGX + LiFePO4 (with REC BMS)

Hello,

I have a Victron Multiplus 12V 3000 16A with a 560Ah LiFePO4 Battery System managed by a REC BMS. They are all connected via RJ45 to a CerboGX.

How can I tell the Multiplus it is working with a LiFePO4 Battery and not an AGM?

I was unable to find anything in the CerboGX to configure it. Frankly I wasnt even able to find anything on the Multiplus manual how to connect it to CerboGX, but it is visible and usable in the CerboGX now.

I have the problem my Multiplus is pumping 80Ah into the batteries although they are at 98% (according to the CerboGX and Volts) and then the BMS shuts the Relais, and reopens them, when the inrush current stops. I figure the threshold on the volts is to high, but why isn't it slowly charging, but pushing 80A in?

cerbo gxmultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Marcus,

provided DVCC is enabled, the BMS should communicate the charge current limit (CCL) and charge voltage limit (CVL) to the Cerbo GX. The Cerbo then controls the MultiPlus according to those limits.

80A is not unusual high charge current as long as the battery is not fully charged.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marcus avatar image Marcus commented ·
I will have to check again on DVCC, I did everything to be done according to REC BMS, but let me check again.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thats it. Missed the DVCC setting and the appropriate settings to it. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
klandos avatar image
klandos answered ·

If dvcc is not used, did you set charging limits in VEConfigure (or VictronConnect with MK3 Interface)?

2 comments
2 |3000

No, I did not, since I use Mac and have no possiblity as it seems to configure the Multiplus.

But I will have to check on DVCC.

0 Likes 0 ·
klandos avatar image klandos Marcus commented ·
Victron connect Works fine on a mac, even a M1. MK3USB is a must.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

To change settings of the MultiPlus you need VE.config.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

2 |3000

Related Resources