question

kimbeau avatar image
kimbeau asked

How do I get a firmware upgrade key for Multiplus 24/3000/70/ 120v

I have 8 of these I have powered one up, invert works but I can't get the charger to run. VE configure 3 runs and the multi can see batteries inverter and 110 volts in but won't charge .Tried many changes to VE config but still nothing, firmware version is 2012142 .

My guess is the VE can't talk to the device because firmware is too old ?

firmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Kimbeau what do you mean with "the VE" ?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Kimbeau

Use victron connect to do the firmware update. The correct file will automatically be loaded for you.

Ve config works with all firmware versions. Victron connect needs over 430.

If victron connect will not communicate with the device then you need a victron professional account and some training on using ve flash. This article describes what is needed.

If the charger section is not working, I suspect something else is not right though? They should charge out of the box. Incorrectly for the batteries, but should accept grid and charge.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
VictronConnect is neither not working with his old firmware (142) nor the old microcontroller (20).

He only can use VEflash to update the firmware to 159 or 209, there is no 4XX available for the old microcontroller.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Ah right. So quite alot older than me in Victron years.
0 Likes 0 ·