question

Herve RV Nizard avatar image
Herve RV Nizard asked

Help to understand what happened.... Parrallel Quattro

Need to understand from what happened.... and maybe learn from my errors ?

Currently installing and setting a parrallel system and got a blow.

2x quattro 48/5000 in parrallel

8 kw if panels on 2 X 150/70

4X UP5000 pylontech

cerbo

have installed all. NO AC IN connected. NO AC out connected

did the settings following Victron's instructions with Ve bus quick config. all went well up to getting confirmation the system was well configured in parrallel.

did the settings on each inv separately via VeConfig direct access from Ve bus quick.

No assistants. No ESS.

Just basic VS with "disable charger" and ignore AC settings.....

all inv same week. same latest firmware.

all components with latest firmware.

all batteries at 100%

after settings , removed MK3 and connected cerbo . all looked good.

no ac in . no ac out connected yet.

Note. after all settings, I noticed that Master inverter had a steady "inv" green light, and slave had the green inv light alternating with the green "mains ON" light. I was trying to find out whether this was correct when I heard a loud spark and all went on alarm and Off including the batteries. Got a burnt smell !

Bat low voltage alarm ! (full )

High discharge current

I have no idea what went wrong and would be grateful for some ideas.

thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Herve RV Nizard answered ·

FYI. I now checked the Victron LED app and the green blink alternating between main and inv is normal and means "slave". This inverter is indeed the slave screenshot-20220312-130141-victron-toolkit.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Herve RV Nizard answered ·

- Clear now that all lights were ok showing master and slave.

- Disonnected all and tried to reconnect all one by one. Appears Quattro 2 (slave) would not re.start.

- Reset quattro 1 to stand alone single unit

- Restarted all and all ok with only 1 quattro

- Opened and dismantled quattro 2.

- No evidence of clearly burnt zones.

- Only zone which "may or could" appear different than normal could be under the upper left side of the fets. (Pics 1 and 2).

- Nothing appear strange or unusual on all other parts .

???

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You'll have to take this to the dealer for repair. Suggest you discuss in depth with them.

2 comments
2 |3000

Herve RV Nizard avatar image Herve RV Nizard commented ·
I am the dealer !
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Herve RV Nizard commented ·
In that case you should be able to open a warranty claim to get the unit repaired or replaced.
0 Likes 0 ·