question

johnny-brusevold avatar image
johnny-brusevold asked

Why does 0.1A not appear in AC power?

Why does 0.1A not appear in AC power?

Test with load of 0.35A

Trying to learn some python programming, but there's something I do not understand here. Thinking that this must be somewhere else in the code for energy measurement.

When I check with dbus-spy, nothing appears under Amp.

In the program, if I switch to factor of 10, 3.5A is displayed in debus-spy, but only 3.0A in Remote Console.

If I change to a factor of 0.1, 0.035 is displayed in debus-spy and nothing in the Remote console.

Is there anyone who can lead me in the right direction?

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

It is possible the GUI code is taking only the integer part of the value so anything under 1 amp would show as 0. Most of the GUI code is written in QML and files are in /opt/victronenergy/qui/qml. Within that directory, the files conform more or less to the menu that appears in the GUI. File names for overviews begin with Overview...

I suspect you'll find the parameter in question will be processed through .format(0) which formats the number with no fractional components. If it were .format(1) instead, you should see a value of 0.3.; .format(2) would output 0.35, etc. There are other formatting methods used as well, some automatic or build in to the object. For example a dbus parameter name with .text appended to it may format a number in a way built into the object. I'm not sure where that built-in formatting is written.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold commented ·

@Kevin Windrem

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

There was no change in the displayed values even though I change the code to the correct value. There is a lot I have to learn first, before I see the whole of this system.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources