question

ramrod avatar image
ramrod asked

Any possibility to send data from Arduino to Cerbo GX and displaying them

Hi, I just want to ask for possibilities to send data, which will be measured by an Arduino, to a Cerbo GX. These values should than be displayed on the Cerbo GX Screen/GUI. How could I reach this? Any chance to implement a tab or button menu that is clickable and shows up the measured values?

cerbo gxarduino
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
gone-sailing avatar image
gone-sailing answered ·

Simple answer, yes. But you need to decide how you want the Arduino to communicate with the Cerbo and what types of data you will be sending and displaying. I have temperature and tank levels being sent over MQTT from an Arduino. This isn't the only way, but it's an example of what is possible. See my post from earlier: https://community.victronenergy.com/answers/122569/view.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ramrod avatar image
ramrod answered ·

Thanks a lot gone-sailing! Which communication alternatives would be possible and why did you decide MQTT at the end? Any advantages? And the additional menu to show up the values sended by Arduino has to implement by additional code? Or is it just a system/GUI configuration that has to be enabled a bit like plug and play?

2 |3000

gone-sailing avatar image
gone-sailing answered ·

You could use a direct wired connection, there are posts on here describing how to connect Arduino over VE.Direct. ModbusTCP is possible but I went with MQTT as it is what I am most familiar with and it is well supported in the Arduino world. I do not want or need to modify the the menu and UI in the GX device for the sensors I want to add, although it is possible. From my perspective, if it doesn’t display in VRM there is little point integrating a sensor into GX. If you want a custom dashboard to display custom sensor data then Node-red Dashboard would probably be a better solution for you.

2 |3000

Related Resources