question

offroadflow avatar image
offroadflow asked

H E L P - Venus GX died after switching off solar power

One of three MPPT 250/100 got disconnected from the batteries by pulling the dedicated fuse (+ only).

After that the solar power got switched off (+ and - at the same time).

The network cables stayed plugged in the whole time, connecting the three MPPTs and the Venus.

When the solar power got cut off the whole system shut down. Now the Venus has power, but no lights on the network port nor does it appear via Bluetooth anymore.

What happened???

The three inverters shut down immediately when giving power to the Venus. After unplugging them from the Venus and restarting all three they run again as three phase standalone.

Please help!

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @offroadflow,

did you check the inline fuse of the GX power cable?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offroadflow avatar image offroadflow commented ·
I measure the 50V from the battery on the input.

This is not the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ offroadflow commented ·

I guess you have already tried to disconnect the GX device from all other devices and then try to boot it again and checking if the LED on the side of the GX starts its sequence.

It may well be that the GX device is defective. I can only think of a voltage spike as a result of the fuse being pulled between the batteries and the MPPT. Perhaps it is time to contact your Victron dealer or distributor.

0 Likes 0 ·
offroadflow avatar image offroadflow Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
It's dead indeed.

Just no clue yet about the HOW...

It kept working after pulling the fuse. All shut down when the solar panels got disconnected what makes no sense so far....

0 Likes 0 ·