question

coreyzev avatar image
coreyzev asked

How does a multiplus-ii handle large variations in input AC voltage?

Putting a multiplus-ii in my camper. I see many suggestions to use an EMS to protect my camper. I'm considering just using a circuit breaker instead. And I'm wonder how the multiplus-ii handles those variations in input vs its output.

I can see from the datasheet that the inverter I'm using can handle 90-140VAC of input. How is the output AC voltage affected by this? (especially if there's no battery to back it up?) I have seen reports of campgrounds sending out voltage as low as 100V.

Thank you

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargervoltageac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The AC input will be passed through to the output. So the output voltage = input voltage.

You always must have a battery connected.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@coreyzev

Also, the Multi will reject ACIN if not within it's settings. Pardon the 230V/50Hz example, but it looks like this in VEConfig..

1646201797405.png

1646201797405.png (16.9 KiB)
2 |3000