question

niel avatar image
niel asked

Quattro Programmable Relay - On/Off Different Voltage levels

Good day Everyone,

I have an excess of PV power during most of the day and instead of wasting it, I would like to turn on the programmable relay to power a pool pump.

Ideally, I would like to turn the relay on when the batteries are charging and the SOC is higher than 80%, and have it turn off when the batteries are discharging and the SOC is lower than 98%. To not drain the batteries with an unnecessary load.

I have tried ticking charge state and SOC but this does not switch the relay on at all.

Currently, the only configuration I can get to work is using only SOC, with Relay ON at Higher than 85% and Relay OFF at Lower than 85%.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Assistantsquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Niel

What are you using to do this, an Assistant?

If so, and you've never done it before, then you'll need to get your head around how they work. And you'll likely need more than one Assistant. Maybe the GeneratorStartStop Asst with reversed relay logic could be useful?

If you need to learn, try this and use the links. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start

Victron Professional (sign in needed) also has a training module.

But you really need to tell us exactly what you're doing, even screenshots of the Summaries, for us to be able to help.

Don't let it beat ya, it's worth the effort.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

niel avatar image niel commented ·

Thanks for the reply @JohnC .

Yes, I am currently using two programmable relay assistants. One to switch on and the other two switch off.

The main issue is can I set the OFF assistant's value higher than the ON assistants' value?

This is the first time using the assistants. So I am still trying to gain some knowledge on how they work exactly. As it may open a few other possibilities for our off-grid system.

I will definitely look into the generatorStartStop assistant.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VEConfigure Assistants manual