question

Stephan Doiron avatar image
Stephan Doiron asked

Which DC-DC charger model for use with Ecoflow Delta Max

I'm looking to charge an EcoFlow Delta Max from the alternator / battery.

According to the manual: The product supports 11-100V DC input, 10A max current, and 800W max charging power (link to manual: https://www.powerequipmentdirect.com/manuals/ecoflow-ed59af29b440aad4d4855220fbc82aa6.pdf)

I watched a video where a similar battery system (Goal Zero Yeti) was being charged with a 12/24-15. I've also seen the 12/12-30 on Amazon as I don't have a 24 volt system but the amps are too high? I've seen as 12/12-18 as well but that is also above the 10A listed in the manual. I've done the research but I remain confused...

My question is simple. Can I charge my EcoFlow Delta Max with one of these controllers? If so, which one please? Thanks for your time!

battery chargingdc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If I read the manual correctly there should be a "car charging port" there you should be able to directly connected it to your car without any additional comments.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stephan Doiron avatar image
Stephan Doiron answered ·

The way you suggest would take 10 hours of driving to charge the battery bank, not realistic. Is there a reason you wouldn't recommend I use the alternator to charge it faster? I'm confused, what am I missing?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

There is one DC charging input for different voltage so I guess there is some kind of electronic inside to convert the input voltage/current into a charging voltage/current.

That input seems to be limited to 10A 800W max. To get 800W charging power you need an input voltage of 80V at 10A.

Since this is a Victron community we can't say if it will work with a DCDC converter or not. You should ask the manufacturer of that unit about that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic