See below graphs,
Battery Temparture is not changing
No added 24V usersQuattro is on charge only

What can cause these spikes?

1645776535303.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charging
1645776535303.png (79.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Harold

Maybe the scaling on the graph is making it look awful. There is too much data in a small space. and not enough resolution for anything there.

If you zoom in over the peak sections what does it look like?

from what is looks like at a general glance you are floating around 27 ish volts.

Maybe the spikes are a fluctuation caused by bms misbehaving assuming you have lithium? Or fans in the multi switching on? Then it looks like a small charge going back in. The system would still be using a bit of power even in standby. Do you have a repeat absorption cycle on the battery bank? Is is matching the timing of the spikes?

The amp draw multiplied by volts would indicate about 25 to 40w of power. Again not enough resolution in the image to really tell, or state for sure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It would be helpful to see the VE Bus chart for this period, the one that shows float/absorption etc. You say no added users. Does this mean none at all, or just that there are existing users, but no extras. If existing, what are they? I see something similar when my compressor fridge kicks in. And when the weather is cold, it doesn't turn itself on.

2 |3000

harold avatar image
harold answered ·

During this it is always on 'staorage' mode.
Only the fridge and some wifi router and may an alarm switch could cause some of the small spikes.

I will make a graph with a higher resolution than per 15 min , which is the CCGX standard now.

2 |3000

harold avatar image
harold answered ·

The resolution of the VRM / CCGX is now 1 minute.
I assume below behavior starts with a users at the 24V DC net.

But what user will cause such behavior and why does the system discharge shortly, can't the Quattro keep up the switching speed?
I know it's all small, but just curious.

1647268922582.png

1647268922582.png (113.9 KiB)
2 |3000