question

bons avatar image
bons asked

How to inform Cerbo/MultiPlus II which power source I'm using and change available amperage automatically?

Hello, I have an RV setup with Cerbo with Touch 50, MultiPlus II and SmartSolar MPPT. Otherwise I have an automatic transfer switch that selects between shore (pedestal) power or my generator. Since the two sources may have very different power available I'm looking for a way to inform my Victron system about the limits of my source of power. I know that I can manually set the amperage value but I'd like to automate the procedure. I'm thinking about a device that sets digital inputs to the Cerbo. As I'm new to my Victron equipment perhaps I'm missing the obvious. Anyone?

Generatorshorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
baronner avatar image
baronner answered ·

As far as I know this functionality is not possible with the Multiplus, but you can buy the Victron Digital Multi Control. With this device you can set the shore power (amperage) manually, and use a pre configured amperage for when you're running on a generator. When connecting the relais on the backsite of the Digital Multi Control to the generator, the control knows when you're running on shore power. See the manual of the control for more information.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @BonS

It should be possible to do this using Assistants, specifically the 'Input Current Limit Control' Assistant. To indicate which power source, you would need to provide a low/high Voltage signal (low range V) to the Aux port on the Multi.

If you haven't used Assistants before it might seem a bit daunting, but once into it you'll find it fairly easy.

Follow the links from this one.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop