question

amr952 avatar image
amr952 asked

MultiPlux II 2x120v AC-OUT-2 only when incoming Split Phase

Good Afternoon,

I would like to configure AC-OUT-2 to only be grid connected when the incoming power is split phase (240v). Based on the diagrams it appears to be grid connected anytime it senses incoming power. I would like to change this to only be connected when the incoming power is split phase 240. I took a look at the assistants in VE.Configure and I did not see anything that looked like it would work for this.

Use-case - I want to connect a tank-less water heater to my system that requires 240v. I only want it to be connected when I am hooked up to campground 50 amp (typically 240v split phase). When I am connected to 30 amp power or generator power (single phase 120v) I would like AC-OUT-2 to be de-energized.

Thank you for the advice!

Multiplus-IIAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Not sure if this is possible. But why not connect it direct to the grid in, via RCD etc.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

amr952 avatar image amr952 commented ·
If I connect it to Grid In wouldnt i lose the ability to monitor current usage and PowerAssist. I guess maybe I could do that with an external current monitor.
0 Likes 0 ·