question

jayy169 avatar image
jayy169 asked

When is dark-mode coming to VRM?

Following the last blog post/video update in december, when can we expect to see the darkmode update in VRM? Or is it already there?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It became available today, and looks great.

Settings in the new preferences tab.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey all, lets use this thread to also officially confirm/announce it: dark mode for VRM is here now!

To enable it, go to the (new) Preferences menu on the left.

To see the Preferences menu, you might have click the Back button a few times. It is at the top of the navigation on the left.

Lastly, the default setting is for the portal to use your computer settings to choose between Dark and Light mode.

Here is a screenshot:

1646921229563.png

All the best, Matthijs

Ps. look closely, do you see at that screenshot what else is coming soon? So no worries @David , we won't let niceties such as a Darkmode get in the way of implementing new features.

1646921229563.png (351.4 KiB)
8 comments
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
AWESOME!
0 Likes 0 ·
ews2k avatar image ews2k Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
I have refreshed vrm in Firefox, but I do not get a "Preferences" tab in the black menu on the left of the screen, so cannot select dark mode. The last entry at the bottom I have is "Reporting", not "Preferences". What am I missing?
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ ews2k commented ·
@ews2k

Hit the <BACK box a couple of times..

0 Likes 0 ·
ews2k avatar image ews2k JohnC ♦ commented ·
Thank you for your reply, John. I perhspd should have mentioned that I had tried this about 15 times, then gave up.
0 Likes 0 ·
ews2k avatar image ews2k JohnC ♦ commented ·

I have also tried a different browser as well as cleaning the browser cache & removing cookies, still no "Preferences" tab.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @ews2k - perhaps you could post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

This is how it works for me;

VRM screen recording.mp4

1 Like 1 ·
ews2k avatar image ews2k Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Guy,

Perfect, thank you very much! I was looking in the main Dashboard preferences instead of the User profile, which is why I could not find it. I was also pressing the browser "Back" button, instead of the one in the main menu. Blonde moment for me, I know, but all is good now!

1 Like 1 ·
All good, happy to hear it's working, thanks for reporting back.
0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

"We recognise that people can grow exceedingly emotionally attached to their solar installations but as Victron, we have taken the position that we will not implement dark mode in order to encourage you to sleep peacefully instead." -- Fake Victron Spokesperson.

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
hahaha :thumbsup:
0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image
David answered ·

Seriously, I’d rather they spend time adding real

Features rather than spending time trying to rewrite the thing so it will display in a different colour

2 |3000

Tien avatar image
Tien answered ·

@jayy169 it's available now, just changed mine and I like it.

2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Have this now running in VRM; on the Laptop and also on the App. Looks fantastic and the customers love it!

Really looking forward to the controls you show on the right of the screenshot also!

Awesome!

Thanks guys! Love it!

2 |3000

David avatar image
David answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) , Hi, you ask "....do you see at that screenshot what else is coming soon? ". I think you are meaning the 'Critical Loads'? :)

From Memory, I think that is planned to be data from a Shunt/BMV thaat is set to the new option (can't remember what that is called :( ), but will other sources from Victron kit be allowed to be assigned as a 'Critical Load'? For example, I use one of my MPPT Load Connections to drive some key services, so being able to assign that source would be really handy.

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
hi @Wildebus , no its not the critical loads box. That exists already, and is for AC loads, in a ESS system. Look further to the right :)
0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image David mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Ah ... Switch Controls! (I have to load Node-Red for that currently. Right at the source will be very handy :) )
0 Likes 0 ·