question

charris avatar image
charris asked

MFD App not showing Generator menu after upgrade to the latest version

After upgrade of Cerbo GX to the latest version the MFD App is still showing the batteries menu but not the Generator Menu. Any ideas?

cerbo gxmarine mfd app
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
charris avatar image
charris answered ·

20220303-193546.jpg

I'm referring to this option.

After further troubleshooting that let to nothing, I have rolled back to the original firmware (V2.73). The Generator view appeared again! The latest firmware does not includes this.

Anybody can assist?

Thanks,

Charris

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

check to make sure that the generator autostart option is on and that the relay1 is set to generator and that the MFD is on the latest FW as well there maybe new options available as well in 2.80 also lookup that GX fw 2.80 changes and see if anything in there may help you

2 |3000

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@charris,

To display this, the generator must be configured either on AC input 1 or, if available, on AC input 2.

In your GX device under Settings/System Setup:

bildschirmfoto-2022-03-05-um-102152.png

2 |3000

charris avatar image
charris answered ·

@Stefanie Thanks for your response, however, on Version of Cerbo GX V2.73 is displayed. On latest version V2.84 is not. Also verified that the settings you suggested are correct.

@Paul B Thanks for your response, the MFD has the latest firmware, as described previously the generator view is lost when I update to the latest CerboGX firmware which is 2.84. On version 2.73 which was the version that came with my Cerbo GX is visible.

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

If this is the case then what brand amd model of MFD are you using as I have tested this on a Axiom Plus and it works fine. If you look in the change logs for the 2.80 to 2.84 there have been changes in this area - so have a read and see if these maybe affecting you otherwise you will have to stay on 2.73 until the issue is resolved. In between . I could also be something simple like you don't have any start conditions set to enable as a example.

go through all the screens and turn things on and off and see if they apear. as Its happening to you you will need to try all sorts off setting to see if it reappears. or find someone using the same MFD and see if they have it working.

It could be something like the below are not turned on, I dont know the answer so its trial and error. Sorry

1646739503972.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1646739503972.png (24.5 KiB)

Related Resources