question

martin fisher avatar image
martin fisher asked

newbie install ccgx with gui mod

hi all ,i have a very basic setup,

pheonix charger 12/50/3 (direct ve)

ccgx screen connected to wifi

and a ET112 energy meter for the shore power input monitoring.

My question is i can see all the amps volts and loads for the et112 if i go into the device itself on the ccgx,

i wanted to be able to see these figure on the home tile so i installed the gui mod helper file (via usb stick) this is the @Kevin Windrem file and followed the procedure to setup, i now have an extra tile which shows more boxes and also the usage bar in each box , i cant for the life of me get the volts htz and amps to appear ! i have only watts in the a/c box.

am i missing a setting or do i need to add another file (please note i have never done coding before hense the download and usb install)

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered Ā·

GuiMods provides two versions of the "flow overview" page.

The simpler one has larger tiles and does show voltage, current and frequency.

The other one provides more tiles to support more complex systems shows only total power in each tile. The switch between these two screens is determined by the Use Enhanced Grid Parallel Flow Overview in Settings / Display & Language / Gui Mods.

Both flow overviews also provide additional detail by tapping on the center of each tile.

Note I have not tested GuiMods with an energy meter so this configuration may need additional work on my part.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martin fisher answered Ā·

Tried that and yes the tile has less boxes and the ac also has 3 lots of - - - under which is where I assume the Amps volts and htz would appear , unfortunately not in my case ,

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented Ā·

It seems that I am not collecting volts, etc from the energy meter. The current code gets these values from the inverter/charger but yours does not have AC input those parameters aren't available. I don't have an energy meter for testing but it looks possible to use an energy meter's values in place of the inverter/charger's values.

No promises.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
martin fisher answered Ā·

Thanks for the reply I would gladly donate to the cause if this is possible ! I have spent a small fortune in this setup and still donā€™t have what I want to see

2 comments
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented Ā·
Are you in a position to do some testing if I modify my code? You'd need access to the command-line and the ability to send me logs from the CCGX.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
martin fisher avatar image martin fisher Kevin Windrem commented Ā·
I would gladly help but Iā€™m new to all this so if there is a way to tell me how to do what you need I would gladly try my best
0 Likes 0 Ā·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered Ā·

I have made at an attempt to support a grid meter. It uses the grid meter's value if it is present even if an inverter/charger is also detected.

For those that have a grid meter, please try GuiMods v5.15 and let me know if you see any problems. (I don't have a grid meter so can't test beyond what's provided by the ESS demo.

Thanks.

7 comments
2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented Ā·
Hi Kevin

The Guimods v2.15 seems to be OK no issues to date.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 Ā·
martin fisher avatar image martin fisher commented Ā·
hi kevin , thanks for taking the time to help on this mod ,

i used the setup helper and package manager for my install straight from sd card ,

is there a way to add the new qml file to this installer as i have no idea how to command line edit . sorry for being dumb butn i could build you an extension with my eyes closed ha ha

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem martin fisher commented Ā·
Part of SetupHelper are tools that help with installation of a package including replacing or adding files to the system. But you still need unix command-line experience as the setup programs are shell scripts.

I have yet to document the tool set SetupHelper provides but one company did write a setup script for their product and are using it exclusively for installation.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Hi Kevin thanks for the reply , looks like Iā€™m stuck with what I have then , as I have no idea where to start to do what needs to be done , after all Iā€™m just a builder
0 Likes 0 Ā·
What is it you are looking to do?
0 Likes 0 Ā·
On my tile screen I just want the amps volts and watts for the shore power
0 Likes 0 Ā·
Try the latest GuiMods version. I've added code to display grid meter values which should give you what you want.
0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources