question

atwijukye avatar image
atwijukye asked

Ve bus low

My syestem went offline for two weeks because of internet issues but when it came back i found low battery alarm. The system has only the fridge and the battery bank is big (2X 25.5 200Amphrs victron batteries). I don't expect any problem with this bank even for a week. But can anyone help me to interprete what happened on this days using the screenshot bellow

1644598450008.png

low battery warning
1644598450008.png (58.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @atwijukye@mrc.gm,

I can only guess here because it lacks of a bit more information about the whole system and all of its's devices. Most of the time low battery alarm is coming from the VE.Bus system, for example if the MultiPlus suddenly disconnects (for whatever reason) from either the BMS or the GX device and as a result goes into alarm state because it is missing voltage information.

And from your screenshot it is obvious that there was a sudden voltage drop. Unfortunately the screenshot doesn't tell from which device it is.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

atwijukye avatar image atwijukye commented ·
Thank you @Stefanie I am in a different country and i lost internet connection for two weeks. Not sure why this sudden drop in voltage given the low load on this bifg batteries. My system is an easy solar 11 gx but i have a Ve bms and a smut shunt. Should get worried on the longivity of my batteries because of this incident
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ atwijukye commented ·

As long as you and your system have access to VRM, I wouldn't too much concerned. You should have all info you need to see battery state of charge, voltage and current and everything else important about your system.

But of course it is something you need to look at because there is a reason for all this. From the screenshot it looks ok until the voltage drop and even after that everything looks normal. Could have also been a high cell voltage event which caused the VE.Bus BMS to disconnect the MPPT inside the Easy Solar to prevent the cell from overcharging.

Maybe provide us with more info about your system, screenshots from VRM (VE.Bus DC Voltage and Current, SmartShunt/Battery etc.) and also have a look in the VRM alarm logs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic