question

hobbes avatar image
hobbes asked

Is the Multi RS solar Inverter Charger Controller rated as 6 KW ?

inverter rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hobbes avatar image hobbes commented ·
Ok - I asked the net to convert 6000VA to Watts and it told me 6000W - but i didn't click on the actual link and now see that there is a power factor between VA and Watts .
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Hobbes,

The 450/80 model Multi RS product datasheet specifies a maximum DC charging power from Solar of 4000 W.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Multi-RS-Solar-EN.pdf

cleanshot-2022-02-11-at-114218.jpg

But note - there are other factors and limitations that also apply that might prevent you from reaching that specification.

There is a hard PV input voltage limit of 450 V, and a PV current limit of 18A. The reality is that panel choices and string configurations mean it is likely that a PV array may be normally operating at 250V and 15A for example, and then only producing 3750 W of power.

It is possible achieve up to 100A at 57V (5700 W) of charging power from the Multi RS if you are using an AC charging source (such as the grid), and not just solar.

1 comment
2 |3000

hobbes avatar image hobbes commented ·

Thanks for this reply !

Useful information .

But my question wasn't clear enough / detailed enough .

What I was really after was how much AC power can be drawn from our system with this inverter ?

Looking at the data sheets - I see that (at 25 degrees) it gives a range of 4800 to 5300 watts .

untitled.png

Is this the data I'm after ?

We plan to use 8 x 6v Rolls 415AH / 6v Leoch 400AH batteries .

Many thanks !

0 Likes 0 ·
untitled.jpg (78.9 KiB)

Related Resources

Inverter RS Product page.

Inverter RS Online Manual.

Inverter RS Datasheet.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic