question

Tom avatar image
Tom asked

Victron Compatible Thermometer and GPS

We live in a Sprinter van. Does anyone know of Victron compatible external thermometer and GPS antenna that can be added to our Victron system? I would prefer something that was Bluetooth.

gps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

I just saw the updates to Cerbo GX and others which answers this question - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/112834/connect-ruuvi-to-ccgx.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vectra avatar image
vectra answered ·

I built my own thermometer myself. With LM335Z temperature sensor TO92. Working without problems.

Bluetooth thermometers are, for example, the ruuvitag from ruuvi.com.

As a gps antenna I use the VK-162 from amazon. Cheap, good and very inexpensive. However via USB.

2 |3000

Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Thanks for info!!

4 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I also have a generic GPS from Amazon via USB. Mounted it on the roof inside a solar connector fairing. Works a treat as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image Tom kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you @kevgermany. I have purchased a Ruuvitag Pro and updated to Venus OS 2.84 and the Ruuvitag firmware. I can see the temp info on the VRM site but my goal is to see the information on my GX Touch; we live in our Sprinter and use the GX Touch throughout the day so having that temp/humidity/etc. information would be a plus. I'm hoping that @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) or another Victron representative can provide some guidance that is accepted/supported by Victron. THX
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Tom commented ·
I see @Kevin Windrem answered in another thread.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image Tom kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Ian avatar image
Ian answered ·

Buy your LM335z from reputable component supplier such as Mouser, CPC Farnell, RS Components etc. I received seven fakes from Amazon & eBay.

If your Cerbo reads ~0.7V from the sensor with caption 'reverse polarity', your LM335z is actually a cheap transistor marked by counterfeiters as a LM335z.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic