question

freddy-1 avatar image
freddy-1 asked

Guides for setting up victron solar to home assistant remotly?

Hi, I live in Norway, and in our caravan are in Denmark. I have installed a smartsolar and a smartshunt in the RV.
I Have installed an rpi with Venus on and configured it to post to Victron vrm site with my info from this rpi. I have two usb to VE.direct connected.
But are there any way i can set up my Home Assistant server at home to catch these data and publish it on my HA display?
Are there any way HA can catch this data from the vrm site?

Venus OSAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
freddy-1 avatar image
freddy-1 answered Ā·

i used the embedded link from share function in vrm and added a website page in my home assistant. :-)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

labtopia avatar image labtopia commented Ā·

HA, Im sitting here trying to figure out this "integration" messing with yaml's and getting bits of how its done from 10 different pages, I think for today I will stop the madness and just do this for now...:)
Definitely someone needs to FINISH writing a working tutorial for this. The HACS plug gets you only part of the way...https://github.com/sfstar/hass-victron , you have to get victron to email you the register spreadsheet, then sift through a bunch of forums then program it yourself...

Good tip!

0 Likes 0 Ā·