question

tonyoputa avatar image
tonyoputa asked

Connecting Lithium batteries to the Venus GX

I have a set up comprising 1 unit MPPT RS 450/100, Smartsolar 150/70 (both daisy chained by VE Can port); a Venus GX; 800ah LiFePo4 (EVEUROPE); Quattro 8kva/48v. System is completely off grid and has about 30 solar panels.

System keeps tripping off when batteries are near full. I tried to sort this out by setting the Absorption and Float at 54v but the chargers go into Absorption and Float too early.

The battery BMS is not connected to the Venus GX thus I did not enable DVCC. I did not see how to connect this to the BMS. Is there a solution to get the battery BMS talking to the Venus so the proper charge algorithm can be applied?

PS: I have another identical system on FreedomWon batteries which is plugged to the GX device VE Bus port by an rj45 cable with DVCC enabled with the recommended settings and it does not have any issues at all.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

When you say that the system trips off, do you mean that the BMS disconnects power or is it something else?

I don't see EVEurope on the battery compatibility list, so I would not think there is currently a solution for this type of battery / BMS.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources