question

solartech12 avatar image
solartech12 asked

how to enable Streetlights function on Mppt 250/100 using colorgx

Hi all,My system is ESS based on , I have mmpt 250/100 charger together with Quatrro 10kVA and Li battery bank. All of them are connected to Color gx device.2 mppts are connected via VE.direct port on color gx and 1 mmpt at usb port of it . I am using mmpt relay output to trigger another relay coil for my loads (lamps) and want to have my them on based on:
1- Battery voltages ( to ensure battery life)2- from Sunset time until sunrise

I have turned on street light function on all mppts , I will attach some settings below.
I read the manaul where it says Tx port can have multiple options.

screenshot-2022-02-03-095442.png

I have chosen Normal Communication since all my devices are connected at color gx and DVCC is enabled on it.

screenshot-2022-02-03-092909.png

I see external control written inside Victon connect app.screenshot-2022-02-03-092740.png

my question is how can I achieve streetlight fn working in this scenario? is there tx pin inside ve.direct port from mppt end that send signal ot color gx VE.direct port end to turn off relay based on sunrise/sunset conditon ?

I have tried testing but the relay state only changes (open or closed) based on battery voltage conditon that I have set and not based on street light . I want to take care of both

screenshot-2022-02-03-092817.pngscreenshot-2022-02-03-092837.pngscreenshot-2022-02-03-092851.png

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControlStreetlight
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@solartech12

I could be corrected here but I think in this case for the programming it is an either or use of the port. Since it requires two different cables to use but you can only plug one in at a time?

It is either connected to a system or it is behaving as a stand alone unit with other functions using the TX cable.

And nothing a daylite switch/sensor cannot do for you anyway?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solartech12 avatar image solartech12 commented ·
this is what my biggest doubt is right now , whether connect mmpt to colorgx and let it control the charging and stuff by sending control signals to mmpt or to operate it as separate charger responsible for doing sunrise/sunset relay switching..

ok so If I use a daylight sensor here then how can I integrate it into my system? any ideas / suggestions pls ? :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@solartech12

Try programming the K1 relay for your voltage switching on and off to signal the coil? how much power does the coil need to activate or latch? If it is just a NO/NC signal that part is easy.

Not sure if you are using DC loads or AC loads from the coil?

If the coil switches 230V, then using the daylite to interrupt the outgoing signal based on light available? You would also need to check the switching amps on that to make sure it can run your loads.

Just throwing ideas down here, not sure what your situation is here.

If your mppts are VE Can maybe switch to that to connect the GX and then use the TX port for the streetlight function?

4 comments
2 |3000

solartech12 avatar image solartech12 commented ·

my loads are resistive (big lamps) and AC and mmpts are not VE.CAN ones .

so if I use K1 relay for voltage switching I would like to switch three of my load relays based on 3 diff voltage ranges .
for eg between 58-60V switch load 1 relay, between 55-57V switch load 2 relay etc. how can I achieve that with just one Quattro . I know it has K1 and K2 relays for that but there should be some sort of assistant settings right for it ?

so I looked into VE.configure and found out that there can be multiple options chosen to drive a relay , now in this case do they work in OR mode or AND mode when selecting multiple parameters?

screenshot-2022-02-03-230853.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ solartech12 commented ·

@solartech12

With 3 now you are moving to PLC programming. Or move one to a bmv or gx relay.

And depending how you set the assistant it can be either and/or. So you can have separate assistants for each condition or roll them into one for different operations. That is something you will need to experiment with. but it is much the same as the AC2 out.

0 Likes 0 ·
solartech12 avatar image solartech12 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Quattro manual says it has 3 programmable relay so why go to gx or bmv ?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ solartech12 commented ·
@solartech12

If you can identify one that will suit your needs i am sure you have it from here. I dont have a Quattro in front of me right now.

0 Likes 0 ·