question

tom-kuendiger avatar image
tom-kuendiger asked

Multi RS 48/6000 with cerbo and pylontech batteries - CAN bus

Hi all,

last week I received my brand new Multi RS 48/6000 and wanted to set up a system with cerbo controller and pylontech batteries. First, the connection to the Multi RS inverter was recognized automatically and everything seemed fine. Then, I set the CAN bus BMS to 500 kbit/s, to connect to the pylontech batteries as well.

First, the system didn´t connect to the pylontech batteries immediately, but when I restarted it, the pylontech batteries were displayed correctly, but there was no more communication to the Multi RS 6000 inverter anymore. Playing around with the settings, I can edit both CAN bus settings, for VE.can and BMS can separately. Anyway, it seems that I could either communicate to the Multi RS 6000, or communicate to the pylontech batteries. Whenever I set the CAN bus BMS to 500 kbit/s the connection to Multi RS inverter seems to get lost.

I´m using latest firmware and Pylontech US 2000 type B.

Is there a way to reset all CAN bus settings, to start again without any per-set parameters?

Did anyone allready try the combination of brand new Multi RS 48/6000 with pylontech batteries, just to make sure that it workes fine in other systems?

Thank you!

Tom

PylontechVE.Caninverter rs
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

Can you describe the CAN bus wiring between the Multi RS and the Pylontech and the Cebro?

Is the Multi RS Connected to the VE.Can RJ45 port on the Cerbo and are the batteries connected to the BMS-Can RJ45?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
tom-kuendiger avatar image
tom-kuendiger answered ·

Hi Thiemo,

thanks for asking. When trying it again, it was sucessfull. So I can confirm my Multi RS 6000 is working fine with Pylontech batteries now, but I can not tell exactly what went wrong the first time.

Thanks

Tom

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide