question

jvergeer avatar image
jvergeer asked

VE.Direct to USB interface cable interfering with vehicle remote locking

Hello,

I have found that the VE.Direct to USB interface cable (hw rev 01) interferes with my vehicle’s remote locking mechanism. As soon as the cable is connected to either the SmartShunt (VE.Direct side) or the USB side, the car's remote stops functioning reliably.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Any pointers how I could eliminate the problem?

Many thanks

johnny

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@jvergeer

Interesting issue.

Have you tried adding some sheilding to the system or a ferrite bead or sleeve onto the cable?

Or check the batteries in the remote for the locking system?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jvergeer avatar image jvergeer commented ·

Hello @Alexandra,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the first thing I tried was checking the remote locking system batteries and after confirming they were good, the testing showed the VE.Direct to USB interface as the problem.

I have tried shielding the electronics portion (that little pod-part) of the cable with a few layers of aluminum foil, and that has made a huge difference! The range and reliability of the remote is just about back to normal.

Thanks for the idea of a ferrite bead/sleeve. I'll try to get hold of that and do some more testing.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ jvergeer commented ·
It would be interesting to know which vehicle this is
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources