question

edo2 avatar image
edo2 asked

Use blue smart charger 10A as power supply with lifepo4 bat

Hello, I have a lifepo4 100ah aux battery and Victron blue smart 10A charger.

Can I use charger as power supply mode in subzero temps in order not to damage my battery and to run water pump or diesel heater while connected on shore power?

Thanks in advance...

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The IP65 12/10 can be configured as a power supply from within the VictronConnect App.
The power supply Voltage range can be set from 12V to 14.7V.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

edo2 avatar image
edo2 answered ·

Hi, thanks for reply. What voltage I should use, if at all, in order not to damage my lifepo4 house/aux battery in subzero temperatures like -20 C ...

Because chager is connected to the battery...

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Safest to disconnect the battery. Then configure as charger and pick a voltage. I'd go for somewhere around 13V, but it's up to you. Typical 12V equipment will be made to handle charge voltage, which is up over 14V. And work with lowish batteries, below 12V. LiFePo4 does not need charging over winter. Ideally should be discharged to about 50% for storage.
0 Likes 0 ·
edo2 avatar image edo2 kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for answer...
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources