question

yannick avatar image
yannick asked

Ve.direct Bluetooth dongle on smartshunt

Is it possible to connect a ve.direct Bluetooth dongle to the smartshunt? I have a client with a smartshunt located in a metal enclosure, now he can't connect to the bluetooth. Since moving the shunt is not really an option, I was wondering, is it possible to connect the Bluetooth dongle and place it 30cm outside the box. If this is possible it would solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Yannick

SmartShuntVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Yannick

I dont see why not as the functionality can be added to most other ve direct not smart items.

Since it can be interfaced that with other devices using the ve direct to usb forsettings (even to re enable the internal BT). Never tried it but I would give it a go.

edit: it is not listed in the compatible section, but is also not listed as not compatible like the GX and the global link.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

heinphoto avatar image
heinphoto answered ·

Yes, I am doing this to extend the range of the bluetooth on my SmartShunt. You will initially see two entries for the SmartShunt in VictronConnect, but once the dongle is installed and functional, you can safely turn off bluetooth on the SmartShunt and use only the dongle.

2 |3000

Related Resources