question

raymiller avatar image
raymiller asked

MulitPlus II on fw 492 - switched off and needed a system reset to switch on

I updated the MultiPlus II to 492 successfully and noted in the changelog, one of the fixes was for MulitiPlus entering into the "off" state. I have the MulitPlus II 24/3000 unit.

Well while I was using the remote Console trialling the settings in the DVCC menu then restoring back to my original DVCC menu state, the MultiPus II entered into the "off" state (which of course disconnects all the 230V AC outputs). I was able to talk to the unit on the remote console but unable to switch anything i.e. inverter only, on etc. I was able to initiate a remote reset which returned the MulitPlus to normal operation.

Not sure what caused the issue and everything now works as intended but just thought I give feedback on the "off" state which I've not experienced before, in case the reason for firmware update 492 has not fixed the "off" issue. related to my case or otherwise.

Cheers

Multiplus-IIfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @RayMiller we’ll look into that, is it ok if we login to your GX device?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Ps I changed the title a bit. Hope you don’t mind. What you’ve had is not related to that issue fixed

we’ll investigate and get back to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @RayMiller,

Thanks for your report.

The reason your system went into the off state has no relation with firmware version 492.

From the VRM log of you system I could see that DVCC has been enabled for only a short while just before the Multi switched off. When DVCC is enabled the Multi is instructed whether or not it is allowed to discharge. Once the Multi receives such messages it relies on them being send regularly. The timeout period for this is around 5 minutes. So most likely the following happened. Your Multi was set to "inverter-only", DVCC was disabled, the multi did not receive allow to discharge updates anymore and went into the off state.

The only way to turn the Multi back on in this case is by re-enabling DVCC or by performing a VE.Bus system reset. Which is what you did to get the system back on.

Kind regards,

Jos

2 |3000