question

chris-bme avatar image
chris-bme asked

Venus GX Digital Input Graphing

Is it possible to graph weather a digital input is in the on or off state over a period of time?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Although the devices appear in VRM, there do not appear to be any graphing options in VRM for those digital inputs - yet.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dr-gerhard-baier avatar image dr-gerhard-baier commented ·

Hi - I am Looking for the same feature. I tried a lot of configurations in the VRM-Portal but there was no Input Status coming in the DASH-Board (only in the VRM-Portal).

I would be happy with two functions

- digital Inputs against time (like current or voltage)

- digital Inputs in one box (red-green)...

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Riley avatar image
Michael Riley answered ·

Can someone advise if the actual switching (of any analogue or digital input) is actually logged by the Venus.

If so, then is it forwarded to VRM?

If we could then 'download' the raw data being logged then we could perform all sorts of comparison or graphing elements.

2 |3000

Michael Riley avatar image
Michael Riley answered ·

A follow on...

We have a sailing vessel. I am attempting to estimate how much (average) energy I consume at night when 'sailing' (i.e. instruments on and no solar) and then to understand what 'battery capacity' I need to start with at dusk to ensure that I remain within my preferred 90-50% SoC for the LiPo.

I was looking to 'download' raw signal data so that I could then make up a representative log with the various vessel configurations (at anchor, motor sailing, sailing) and thus over time and with a weather forecast, give myself a level of confidence.

At present I appear to be too conservative and leave the generator on too long (charge at max 100 A of Multi 5000), and then the next day with solar power we are charging all batteries to 100% (we have a House 2 of AGM so that is OK for them). Have 'dump' loaded the 700 w water heater already....so was looking into some empirical data.

2 |3000