question

tbird11 avatar image
tbird11 asked

Blue Smart IP67 and AGM batteries

I recently purchased IP67 13A for a small sailboat with A 12V AGM battery. I completed the installation and do not see a setting in the app which denoted AGM. Does the charger “know” that it is AGM? Or did I purchased the wrong charger. The green lite is steady and the yellow lite is flashing in absorption mode Connected to 30amp shore power. I did not stay long enough to see it go into float mode. I‘ve heard AGM’s are very particular about charge rates. Is there some setting I need to adjust on the app that I’m not seeing?

battery charging
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bsqrd avatar image bsqrd commented ·
Would it be too hard to add an AGM option in the next firmware update?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ bsqrd commented ·
It's set up so that defaults are suitable for most lead acid, including Gel and AGM, with a lithium option. If the defaults don't match the battery manufacturer values, you can program your own in.

The difficulty is the many non-standard settings from different makers.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

For this, you'll need to find out what the charging parameters from your battery manufacturer.
Armed with that information, you can then compare what settings you have selected from within the App. For example,normal mode is 14.4V Absorb and 13.8V Float
If none of the preset options match what you need, then you can create a custom profile by enabling the advanced settings and going into expert mode.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.