question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Remote Console on Local network

I am assembling my new victron system at the moment and I am planning where to put wires, how many and which type. It will be that the Cerbo GX will be in the basement beside the inverters and connected to ethernet locally (no bluetooth, no wifi). No VRM connection as I do not want my data to leave the house - I will use the docker-grafana on a Promoxx node in my home rack.

However, I still want to have the overview about what the system is doing. I obviously can logon via my PC, but I thought it would be great to have also a little monitor hanging in my living room for quick checks. Maybe somebody already have done something like that and could tell me if there are any restriction between the actual GX Touch Screen and the Remote Console in the WebGUI.

My plan would be to either have a Raspberry Pi with screen in an enclosure mounted and connecting via Wifi or use something like an HDMI extender to get the Cerbo's HDMI output directly transmitted (will touch work?). I am more or less leaning to the Raspberry solution.

cerbo gxremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Remote console on LAN web gui is just the same as the Touch50 touch panel, without touch of course.
Use a keyboard or mouse if you want to interact with the web gui.
I'm pretty sure you'll get all the information you'd ever need on a well designed grafana dashboard or a Home Assistant dashboard and just use the web gui instance for configuration or system tweaks.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·
Sounds like a plan. Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·