question

yelper avatar image
yelper asked

MPPT - Solar Charge Controller on 400ah of battery

I have a mppt 100/20 controller and I want to add a dc/dc charger 12/12/30. I will have 400ah of battery with 200 watts of solar. Is this mppt enough or should I bump it up? Any guidance on this is appreciated.

battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney commented ·
I think it depends on a few things. Do you ever plan on expanding, use case meaning how much it’ll be used to recharge, location. For reference if it helps at all, I live in the NE, have 400w on the rv roof connected to a 100/30 and 200w more I can ground deploy connected to a 75/15. With 400ah of LFP04 batteries. Fairly heavy user with a Multi ii and I generally don’t have issues getting the batteries back to full. Hopefully this helps somewhat.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

The MPPT is sufficient for the amount of solar that you have. Whether you need more solar depends on you usage and battery chemistry /type. Not sure what you plan to do with the dc/dc charger but the additional power would certainly be helpful.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic