I hope you may help me with an issue/s that I am having with a Smart Solar 75/15 with in-built blue tooth. I purchased this a little over three years ago for a camping setup and it has had limited use due to COVID (no more than 6-8 uses). Up to this point I have had nothing but praise for this unit as it hasn’t missed a beat, so much so a couple of friends have bought this controller on my recommendations. This week I went camping and as I connected to the VictronConnect App, I was presented with a message to update the firmware. I did this and it installed as expected.
From there I was presented with numerous Error 21 messages. This is an error with current and I was asked to disconnect all leads and reconnect. This did not solve this issue. I then proceeded to update the app. Since then, I have been unable to connect via Bluetooth. Mostly it gets to 20%, sometimes 60%, sometimes to 80% and very occasionally to the point of putting in the passcode. Each time it doesn’t connect and requests that I remove the Bluetooth connection from the phone which I have already done.
I have followed the trouble shooting guide which has included, reinstalling app, turning off phone, resetting the PIN (via PUK which doesn’t work as it won’t get through the connect phase before indicating to remove the pairing even though it already has been removed).
I have also tried some other potential solutions as found online which includes ensuring no other Bluetooth devices are in proximity, connect the battery to the controller first and then try and connect before connecting the solar etc…
The issue continues and I am out of ideas. Other information of note is in-regards to the lights on the controller. The blue light flashes about every 3-4 seconds. After a period of time both the blue and yellow lights flash in unison quite quickly which indicates and “Internal Error”.
Is there any solutions that I have missed.
Thanks in anticipation. Cheers Rod