question

riazrj avatar image
riazrj asked

3-phase multiplus 1200 issues

Hi all

My parents have a 3-phase system 3 using multiplus 1200 units. This was installed back in 2014 and was running without any problem. We’ve just replaced the battery bank and have encountered a problem. One of the units blew the fuse on the 12v supply, we’ve changed this and now we have the alarm light lit on the other units. I’ve read the manuals but can’t find this issue discussed, I’ve spoken to a local Victron installer but as they didn’t do the install they don’t want to look at it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

A blown fuse sounds really catastrophic. Something pretty bad must have happened for that to occur. As for the alarm on the other units, that is also pretty general and difficult to give an accurate answer for.

It's a real shame that the dealer company doesn't even have a look at it. I find it really disappointing when companies act like that.
Unfortunately, it sounds like it really needs someone to go and have a look at it in person and firstly find out what the fuse blew up. It's almost impossible to diagnose remotely like this.
Perhaps you can try other dealers in the area?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.