question

k2aab avatar image
k2aab asked

LG Chem RESU Plus and Multi Plus 2 not inverting

Been running a ESS system for some years, Multi Plus 2 and LG Chem RESU 6.5, it's all been working fine.

To add more capacity i have added a RESU 10 via a RESU Plus (bonding the two batteries togeather).

I have changed the capacity in VE Configure = to 315 Ah (sum of the two batteries). Changed the relevant DIP switches on the batteries.

Also running colour GX, the battery is recognised, and last night scheduled charge worked as expected. However the inverter will not invert. Grid power = AC load and battery is not discharged.

I have reconfigured the battery DIPs, connected directly to the inverter (not via RESU PLUS) and system works as expected with each battery in turn.

I have asked LG Chem for the latest BMS firmware, but in the mean time any ideas?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSLG Chem RESU
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
k2aab avatar image
k2aab answered ·
As I suspected it seemed to be a firmware issue, the RESU6.5 would have still been on the original, the RESU 10 was new and I think the RESU Plus had been in stock for a while.

Updated the firmware (supplied via a support call with LG Chem) of both batteries and the plus and it all came to life, system now working with a Victron MiltiPlus II.
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.