question

michelr avatar image
michelr asked

Error communication between 2 Multiplus 24-3000

Good morning to everybody,

I'm working actually on a boat with several Victron products. this boat have 2 multiplus Victron 24V3000VA. they was supposed to be connected together but it never worked.

I tried to connect the 2 multiplus 24V 3000. the both are working fine in stand alone. the both are communicating with my computer when there is only one connected. I also have a blue power panel on this installation. one of the multiplus is working fine when connected to the blue power, the other one is flashing as soon as the blue panel is connected.

When I connect the both multiplus together, they are both flashing waiting for the computer to define the master and the slave, but the computer can't connect (first message "target found, receiving supported functions" then, after few seconds, "error during communication").

I suspect a different firmware into the both units. I tried VictronConnect but the firmware is maybe too old and I don't have any communication with one or with the other one (I tried separately).

I would like to upgrade the firmware on both units to have the same version.

The actual version seems to be 2.73 on the one which is working, for the other one, I couldn't find it. (I didn't find the way to get the firmware version from VE-Config).

I can use VE flash to upgrade the firmware but I don't know where I can download safely the last compatible version of firmware.

The version on the EPROM are respectively:

261258.VFD (this one seems to be working fine with the blue panel)

2612413.VFD (I think this one may have a compatibility issue)

I have pictures and video of the problem, if that's help... just ask.

Thank you for your help.

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @MichelR

The "2612" is the model designation. Great they're both identical, so they can be linked successfully.

The next 3 digits is the firmware number. The "58" is probably actually 158, a non-assistant fw, bit outdated now. And the "413" also outdated. They must be the same to link them.

The latest file you want is 2612490.vff, available here.. https://professional.victronenergy.com/ You'll need to sign in, even as an installer, but no big deal there.

You'll need VEFlash to install. Take care, there's plenty warnings about doing this. Download and save the settings file first, as changes previously made will be lost, then upload it later. Good luck..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michelr avatar image
michelr answered ·

Thank you very much John, I really appreciate. I've linked my dropbox and I got the file 2612490.vff file on my dropbox now. I will try that this week and I'll let you know if everything is OK after upgrading the firmware.

I wish you a beautiful Sunday. Take good care of you.

2 |3000

michelr avatar image
michelr answered ·

And, by the way, you are right, the 58 was in fact 158...

Have a lovely day and thank you very much for your help :-)

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

After bringing them to the same FW level you have to configure them to work in parallel. But this should be easy with VictronConnect.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Bus_Configuration_Guide/en/parallel,-three,-split-phase-systems.html

2 |3000