question

asimko avatar image
asimko asked

VE Configure 3 grid code selection password

I was able to setup grid code standard to Europe without password with VE Configure 3 on a "remote" file, but now if i want to disable it and set it to "none" it always ask me for a password, that is a bug right?

how to disable it again without the password? i cannot allow feedin, but i was playing first with ess and there was a must to have gride code specified...

grid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That's not a bug it's a safety feature.

The grid code should not be set or change if you don't know what to do.

There is a warning about that if you change the grid code the first time.

The grid code password is not public.

You should contact your local Victron dealer/distributor about that.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/40871/bloody-grid-other-password-are-you-kidding-just-to.html?childToView=40872#answer-40872

1642279270754.png

1642279270754.png (18.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

asimko avatar image asimko commented ·
OK I understand, but I was setting up a ESS and there was a need to confirm this about grid code so I accepted it. After that I deciced to remove this configuration and I think that is the "bug". Why do I need to code to remove grid configuration? Other way it is ok, but if I want to remove it, it should go without the password. ...
0 Likes 0 ·
suggarman avatar image
suggarman answered ·

Removing the grid code is the critical part, not setting it!

2 |3000

asimko avatar image
asimko answered ·

For those who are looking for a solution, it can be removed by setting all to default, or by typing the password ...

2 comments
2 |3000

marconi avatar image marconi commented ·
How can I reset the entire system and get the dealer out of VRM?
0 Likes 0 ·
lucca371 avatar image lucca371 marconi commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/factory-reset.html

In the root (top) of VRM you see Preferences-->Dealer.
There you can find a unlink button.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic