question

asimko avatar image

VE Configure 3 grid code selection password

I was able to setup grid code standard to Europe without password with VE Configure 3 on a "remote" file, but now if i want to disable it and set it to "none" it always ask me for a password, that is a bug right?

how to disable it again without the password? i cannot allow feedin, but i was playing first with ess and there was a must to have gride code specified...

grid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru answered ·

You may watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl1EKKmQNCo

Maybe you see somethong around timecode 01:13:20

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

The video is marked as private and can't be viewed.
Because in the video the grid code password was shown and as I wrote it is not supposed to be public.

The video will be back online someday without the grid code password.

Ask your installer/dealer/distributor about it.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That's not a bug it's a safety feature.

The grid code should not be set or change if you don't know what to do.

There is a warning about that if you change the grid code the first time.

The grid code password is not public.

You should contact your local Victron dealer/distributor about that.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/40871/bloody-grid-other-password-are-you-kidding-just-to.html?childToView=40872#answer-40872

1642279270754.png

1642279270754.png (18.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

OK I understand, but I was setting up a ESS and there was a need to confirm this about grid code so I accepted it. After that I deciced to remove this configuration and I think that is the "bug". Why do I need to code to remove grid configuration? Other way it is ok, but if I want to remove it, it should go without the password. ...
suggarman avatar image
suggarman answered ·

Removing the grid code is the critical part, not setting it!

2 |3000

asimko avatar image
asimko answered ·

For those who are looking for a solution, it can be removed by setting all to default, or by typing the password ...

2 |3000